Arizona Local Invert and Entomology Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complete newb saying hi

4 posters

Go down

Complete newb saying hi Empty Complete newb saying hi

Post by popnfresh Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 pm

hi guys. I am completely new to invertebrates. So far I own V. spinigerus and I've owned them for less than a week. I have always liked inverts but have never kept any. Well I figured I have waited long enough to join in on the fun. I figured that the friendly faces on this site can direct me in the right direction when I need help (Just like Athlon2k2 directed me here Very Happy). If anyone wants to go out send me an email or PM. I am a night person and I can request almost any day off of work so I will almost always be available. I have a crappy car so I would need to car pool but in exchange I will buy food and gas.

popnfresh
1st Instar

Back to top Go down

Complete newb saying hi Empty Re: Complete newb saying hi

Post by John Apple Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:00 am

Welcome to the site ..... Very Happy
Look forward to your posts and questions....
Where are you located ?
John Apple
John Apple
Arachno Super Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibi18 Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:01 am

Hey!

Glad you're here! I have always liked inverts too. I keep hermit crabs because my mom likes them and they don't scare the living crap out of her.

Everything else does. ^.^ Is V. spinigerus a scorpion by any chance? I just see it as a scorpion for some reason. Although I could go to Google and find out.....hmmmm I shall think on that. ^_^

Enjoy yourself here and you'll learn alot. Trust me.

Complete newb saying hi Th_sau22.jpg
Habibi18
Habibi18
1st Instar

http://insectsgalore.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by popnfresh Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:25 pm

I'm located in Mesa and i can drive anywhere in the metro area I just don't have confidence in my car on the outer roads.
A V. Spinigerus is a scorp. They are smallish burrowers that are fairly active. I believe there is a picture of one in the species profile section of the local inverts section of this forum. Very cool animal

popnfresh
1st Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by John Apple Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:26 pm

man I was just in your neck last week , hunting and observing with Josh and Dave
John Apple
John Apple
Arachno Super Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by James H Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:16 pm

Hey popn,
Nice to see that you made it over here. In mesa you should be able to got out to any of the empty dirt lots or some of the road ditches and find some more scorpions to add to your collection. Do you have a blacklight yet? It makes hunting scorpions like picking fruit some nights, they are worth every penny.
James H
James H
4th Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by Habibi18 Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:27 pm

V. Spinigerus is a scorp.

Thought so.

Complete newb saying hi Th_sau22.jpg
Habibi18
Habibi18
1st Instar

http://insectsgalore.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by popnfresh Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:42 pm

yeah I got a blacklight and I do go out to the fields but almost everthing in Mesa is private property and the guys I've asked so far have been really pissy about me going anywhere near their precious dirt fields Crying or Very sad . Also I only seem to find spinigerus and although I really enjoy them I would like to see something else. By the way the name is Ben. I picked popnfresh because I happened to be watching the episode of the Simpsons were Homer convinces Mr. Burns to sponsor his bowling team while Mr. Burns is high on ether and confuses him for the Pillsbury doughboy look a like called Mr Popnfresh. Very Happy I think I'll go out tonight and see what I can find. Thanks

popnfresh
1st Instar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum